30 September 2006

Spirit World



Location : Ste Thérèse, Le Moulleau, Bassin d'Arcachon, France
Changes : Blurring a lot, Contrast a lot

This is a shot of the mirror. I took it with a very short exposure. Then on the computer, I passed from 8 bits (256 channels in each colour) to 16 (more than 65,000) bits. This was to avoid having a problem with the colours. In 8 bits, as I was saturating the whites, only a few colours would have remained creating big areas from place to place. In 16 bits I then increased the contrast and blurred everything because I was too grainy. Then I reduced to 8 bits and blurred a bit to prevent again from having large areas of the same colour.

This should have rotated by 90°, but by leaving it like this I add a more dramatic effect, that of Paulette's ghost, of which I was talking about yesterday.

No comments: